Preventive Care Clinic Questions and Answers
Find out more about the wellness and preventive care services offered at Plymouth Urgent Care & Bloomfield Urgent Medical Care. For more information, call us or schedule an appointment online. We have 2 convenient locations to serve you in Plymouth MI, and Bloomfield Hills MI.
Are Preventative Care Services Ever Covered By Insurance?
When was the last time you went to the doctor, but weren’t sick or injured? For many people, the answer is “never.”
While we’re more than happy to handle any scrapes, runny noses, and broken bones, we think it’s better to prevent them from ever happening in the first place. That’s why we offer state-of-the-art preventive care.
Is Preventive Care Covered by Insurance?
Though it’s important to speak directly with your insurance provider for an answer specific to your plan, the general answer is yes. According to healthcare.gov, most health plans must cover a set of preventive services (immunizations, screening tests, etc.) at no cost to you.
What’s the Purpose of Preventive Care?
Even if you’re feeling healthy and well, it’s important to visit a healthcare provider each year. The goal of a wellness visit is to:
- Screen for manageable diseases, like high blood pressure and diabetes.
- Test for future risks, such as cancer and obesity.
- Receive additional or update immunizations.
- Discuss ways to improve your overall health.
- Review medications and supplements you’re taking.
At Bloomfield and Plymouth Urgent Medical Care, we offer:
- Physicals for sports, school, and camp.
- Immunizations and vaccines for all patients, including pediatrics.
- Routine medical screenings and prevention treatments, such as EKGs, x-rays, lab work and blood tests, pregnancy tests, and skin biopsies.
- Visual skin exams and biopsies.
We work with most major medical insurance companies including Medicare so you can be treated. Call us for more information. We serve patients from Plymouth MI, Bloomfield Hills MI, Livonia MI, Novi MI, Worden MI, Canton MI, Southfield MI, Troy MI, and Farmington Hills MI.